Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back to Blogging

I'm back from Siggraph , which was in Boston this year. It was a pretty busy week, so I didn't get much time to draw. I'll post some doodles I did with a ball point pen later, but I'm not too stoked on them. I like to sketch with that sometimes because it's so unforgiving. You can't erase or hit ctrl+z to save yourself. But then you can scan in that same drawing and fix it on the computer. At Siggraph I got to try one of those Cintiq tablets that Wacom makes, it's kind of bizarre after getting used to the way a regular tablet works. It's 2500 bucks, so I don't think I'll be purchasing one anytime soon. I also got to talk to some of the fine folks at Corel, about Painter and how much I love it. The animation theater was really cool this year, although they did have some shorts that were technically brilliant, but just didn't have any heart at all. I was impressed by one that didn't make it into the main show, but should have. It was about an Alien BBQ(maybe it was called that?) done by a studio in Spain. Great story, great visuals, great animation. There was another one about bunnies and robots(huh?) that I enjoyed as well. I'll stop trying to remember them all, too much information.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a good time, looking forward to seeing those sketches.

fellipe said...

i'm really happy i found this blog and all the amazing stuff in it. you guys rock, i checked all your work buddies blogs and they rock too, awesome stuff going on. too much rockage on one single team

cheers!